FESTIVAL VENDOR RULES & REGULATIONS
The 2022 Benton Christmas on the Square Festival Marketplace will be held Saturday, December 3rd, 2022 from 11:00 am – 7:00 pm. It is part of Benton Christmas on the Square Festival & Parade, which is a one day outdoor event held rain or shine. Booth spaces are located around Heritage Village Square with paved streets, historical buildings open for tour, live entertainment on two stages, and varied kids activities. All activities are free to the public. Attendance varies from 2000 – 3500 people.
How to Apply to the Benton Christmas on the Square Festival:
- Download your vendor application.
- Mail your completed application to:
Benton Christmas on the Square Festival
PO Box 1390
Benton, La. 71006
-Drop off application at 105 Sibley, Benton, La. 71006
- Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Product & Exhibit
1. All products and products offered for sale at the Festival must be made by the vendor or by the person listed on the vendor application.
2. Selections will be from the primary classifications –
Accessories (hair bows, scarves, hats, handbags), Artist’s Prints & Unlimited Reproductions,
Artwork (drawing, painting), Clay (hand thrown ceramics, pottery, porcelain), Clothing (adult, children,
Mother/Daughter), Dolls (fabric, fiber, fur, porcelain, wood, etc), Floral (arranged, dried, live, pressed,
silk), Food Concessions, Food Gifts (must be sealed in decorative packaging), Food Mixes (must require
additional preparation for consumption), Furniture (painted/stained: household, lawn/garden, child-
size), Games/Toys, Glass (blown, cut, fused, mosaic, sculpture, stained), Herbal (soaps, potpourri, oils,
candles), Jewelry (beads, clay, fabric, fiber, leather, metals, paper, wood), Leather (accessories, bags,
clothing, belts), Metal (cast, embossed, forged, punched, sculpture, aluminum, brass, copper, iron,
pewter, tin, etc.), Miscellaneous (acrylic, bread dough, egg art, rubber, shells, etc.), Mixed media
(combination of various media), Musical (instruments, music boxes, NO cds), Paper (calligraphy, cast,
cutting, maps, paper-mache, quilling), Photography (unlimited prints), Plants, Wood (painted/stained:
lawn/garden, household, sculptures, sports, toys)
3. Exhibitors may only show and sell work from the category in which they have been accepted.
4. Any items of work not listed in the application must be removed from the show.
5. To ensure balance and fairness to all exhibitors, each classification has a limited number of openings.
Booth Display & Set-Up
1. Arts/Crafts Vendor spaces are 10' x 10'. Food Truck spaces will be 10' x 30'. All spaces will be assigned by Benton Christmas on the
Square Festival Committee.
2. Arts/Crafts Vendor are required to provide Tent, Tables, LED style lights, a 100' outdoor extension cord & power strip per booth.
Portable display tables, card tables, etc. must be covered/skirted. All tents must be weighted down. No stakes allowed.
3. Vendors are responsible for set-up and clean up. Set-up begins at 9am; all vendors must be chef in and set-up no later than 10:45 am.
All trailered displays or concessions must be set-up by 10:45am. (All vehicles must be moved off site).
4. Vendors must remain on site for the entire Festival (11:00 am - 6:00 pm). Those vendors not remaining on site until 6:00 pm will not be
invited to participate in future festivals.
5. Please be prepared for inclement weather; this is an outdoor festival that goes on rain or shine!
6. Once selected, exhibitors may display and sell ONLY the type of work which was juried.
Food Trailers/Trucks are required to be self-contained. It is the food vendor's responsibility to be in compliance with the local and state
requirements of the La. Dept. of Health and Hospitals. Food Trailers/Trucks will need to check in, park and run power by 10:45 am.
The Benton Christmas on the Square Festival may accept a limited number of local non-profit organizations as exhibitors. No political
organizations will be considered. Informational and interactive exhibits are encouraged. Any items for sale by a non-profit must have
prior approval from the jury.
All applicants are required to submit the following items:
A completed and signed application form with your name and business name as would like them to appear on our website and Facebook
page. Three (3) images that are representative of the work you propose to sell. If you are accepted into the Festival, we may use your
images to accompany press releases, online promotion, and advertisements to promote the Festival. Of course, we will only use your
images if you are accepted as a vendor.
All Vendor fess are due and payable upon notification of successful jury selection.
Vendor fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Print images submitted to the jury will not be returned.
Vendor Fees & Payment
1. All vendor fees are due by Nov. 1, 2022.
2. Do not send payment until you have been notified of your acceptance.
3. 1 - 10’ x 10’ Vendor Space - $45
4. 2 - 10’ x 10’ Vendor Space - $80
5. 1 - 10' x 30' Food Truck Space - $65
No electric heaters are allowed. Propane heaters are acceptable. Be prepared for outdoor weather.
Pets are not allowed in the Festival area at any time. No Exceptions.
The festival committee reserves the right to have vendors remove unacceptable or inappropriate items, or to relocate or dismiss any participant. No alcoholic beverages are permitted within the festival.
I understand that the Town of Benton, the Town of Benton Festival Committee, Benton Rotary Club and/or Sponsors are not responsible for damages caused by extenuating circumstances such as weather or acts of nature. Also, these parties mentioned above will not be liable in any way for damage or loss of inventory or work, or injury to persons participating. If insurance is desired, it must be secured by the individual vendor.
An accepted application is a commitment to the festival. No refunds will be made for cancellations. There is no substitute rain date. The booth fees will not be refunded in that event or other cause which could not be avoided by the Town of Benton or the Town of Benton Festival Committee. Return Check Fee: $35.00.
Accepted vendors will be notified by email. Upon notification, vendor has 14 days to submit payment or forfeit spot.
Mailing address is PO Box 1390, Benton, LA 71006